email@example.com | January 12, 2021
Kara provides clients with advice on a range of employment, industrial relations, and contractual and commercial law matters.
Kara provides assistance to clients on matters including:
- termination of employment (unfair dismissals, general protections and discrimination);
- contractual issues;
- appropriate termination procedures, including redundancy;
- award coverage and entitlements;
- the transfer and termination of enterprise agreements;
- enforcing restraint of trade, confidentiality and other obligations;
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts and policies;
- drafting and reviewing labour hire agreements;
- drafting deeds of settlement and release; and
- providing advice on complex areas of law, including the coronavirus pandemic, surveillance and privacy.
Kara has provided assistance for matters before the Fair Work Commission, the Industrial Magistrates Court, the WA Industrial Relations Commission, the WA District Court, the Federal Court, the Federal Circuit and Family Court, the Australian Human Rights Commission and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to starting at HLS Legal, Kara worked for a prominent family law firm and volunteered at various community legal centres.
- Bachelor of Laws with Distinction (Murdoch University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Western Australia)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia