HLS LEGAL | April 28, 2021
Michael Baldwin is Special Counsel at HLS Legal.
Michael has over 20 years of experience in Industrial and Workplace Relations and is an accountable team leader at the firm.
Mike has top tier legal and employer association experience and has worked as in-house counsel for several international resource companies. He advises across all aspects of the employment relationship for various sized businesses and is experienced across multiple sectors including construction, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, education and retail.
Michael advises our clients with his core expertise in:
- ER/IR project management in large, remote LNG, Mining and Construction projects;
- Designing and implementing sophisticated industrial relations strategies within unionised and non-unionised environments;
- Termination of employment (unfair dismissal, general protections, breach of contract and defending stop-bullying applications);
- Advocacy in industrial tribunals, district and federal courts;
- Workplace investigations;
- Award interpretation;
- Leading enterprise bargaining negotiations;
- Performance management and HR Business Partnering;
- Strategic IR (eg Protected Action ballots) and employment advice
- Management of industrial disputes;
- Workplace change and restructure;
Michael is also sits on the Industrial Relations Committee of the Law Society.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of New South Wales)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory
- Supreme Court of Queensland
- High Court